Sunday, September 4, 2011

I tremble on the edge of a maybe

As I finish my third full day here in Montevideo and prepare for my first day at my placements tomorrow, this poem that my country coordinator Kate shared with us at orientation is on my mind.

I Tremble on the Edge of a Maybe
O God of beginnings
as your spirit moved
over the face of the deep
on the first day of creation,
move with me now,
in my time of beginnings,
when the air is rain-washed
the bloom is on the bush,
and the world seems fresh
and full of possibilities,
and I feel ready and full.
I tremble on the edge of a maybe,
a first time
a new thing,
a tentative start,
and the wonder of it lays its finger on my lips.
In silence, Lord,
I share now my eagerness
and my uneasiness
about this something different
I would be or do:
and I listen for your leading
to help me separate the light
from the darkness
in the change I seek to shape
and which is shaping me. Amen.
from Guerrillas of Grace by Ted Loder, 1984

No comments:

Post a Comment