Thursday, October 27, 2011

An Ode to Stuff

Stuff, stuff, stuff
Why are you always such a focus in life?
You were so hard to deal with in preparation for leaving home
You were hard to leave behind (I really do love you hooded sweatshirt!)
But now I am here
And honestly I am a little, or maybe a lot, embarrassed by your influence in my life
Why did I bring so much of you along with me?
I really don’t need all of you, you are really too much for me
And there is so much of you back in Edmonds, yikes!
What was I thinking?
Sorry, but you really aren’t what is important in life
People are what I want to focus on in my life
So I guess this is your eviction notice
We have had some good moments together
But you have just held too much power in my life
So we need to part ways
So in true Uruguay fashion I say to you, CHAU CHAU!


“Live simply so that others may simply live.”

No comments:

Post a Comment