Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I am a caterpillar

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." ~Maya Angelou

I feel like that butterfly.
Let me rephrase that,
I feel like that ugly caterpillar.
Confused by what is going on around me, inside me.
Am I changing, am I growing?
Or am I stuck here, trapped
Unable to see beyond the present
To see the end result of this struggle
To see the purpose of this pain
Why does it have to be so hard?
Like the caterpillar I feel trapped in my cocoon
Confused, frustrated, angry at times
Unable to understand what is happening
But as hard as it is to understand, 
To have hope
I must continue the struggle
For only in the struggle
Can the caterpillar break free
And finish the transformation
Into that beautiful butterfly.


*Just to clarify the quote is from Maya Angelou but I wrote the poem*

No comments:

Post a Comment